Commitment to Quality. Passion for Innovation.
Here at Backyard Products, we’re driven by a deep-held dedication to your satisfaction. That’s why, after over 40 years of industry-leading success, we continue to create new, fully-customized designs that help you realize your goals.
Nestled just off the coast of Lake Erie in Monroe, Michigan, Backyard Products headquarters is a hub of activity; humming with the energy of big ideas and exciting possibilities. We employ a team of cutting-edge designers, skilled craftsmen, and each of our installers are licensed, bonded, and insured. This way, you can count on the very best outcome, every single time.
Our state-of-the-art manufacturing plant produces 110,000 shed and play set kits each year; ready for delivery to our 33 installation branches, multiple retailers, and most importantly, to valued customers like you.
World-Class Quality… Guaranteed.
Of course, all our products are made right here in the USA, and crafted from the very finest materials. We bring you a diverse selection of DIY sets and professionally installed products. This way, whether you want to build your project from the ground up, or simply enjoy the amazing results – your search ends here.
You’re in good hands. At Backyard Products, you get a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all purchases – so whether you’re building a swing set for your youngsters, or having us install your very own backyard shed, you can rest easy knowing you’ll get a final product you absolutely love.
At every level, your success is our goal. We believe everyone has the right to the backyard of their dreams, and we can’t wait to get you the amazing experience you deserve. After all, when it comes to your happiness, the sky’s the limit.
Our success is defined by our customers’ satisfaction. We follow a lean six sigma business model on the concrete, carpet and beyond to achieve our goals. While the need of our customer base constantly changes, we remain steadfast in listening to our customer's desires to remain America’s #1 backyard builder.
Through innovative engineering, impeccable quality control and world-class customer service, we will continue to attract new customers.
We believe it’s part of our responsibility to maintain our environment. After all, we only have one planet. Our lumber is sourced from forests that are part of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative and use wood from small, fast-growing trees for less waste and better resource usage.
Our entire team synergizes to create the greatest product possible and achieve workplace satisfaction. Here are our 5 habits to success:
- Excellent customer service: Every time, All the time!
- Customer trends and feedback drive our strategy and business model
- Great products + Great service = Happy customers
- For all products and services: It’s how we treat our customers from start to finish
- A world-class LEAN production culture: Thumbs up, good to go!
- Apply LEAN everywhere: On the concrete and the carpet
- Our facilities are “neat and clean”: 5S “+” a Safe work environment
- “Measuring is Knowing”: Keeping our finger on the pulse
- Drive accountability in the entire organization
- Lean Daily Management System (LDMS) is our culture: Simple metrics “red/green”, Visual Display Boards, Sharing with our teams, DAILY!
- Act now and get it done!
- Not making a decision “is” making a decision
- Ask yourself: Can I explain this to a child? If not, simplify!
- Team work, trust, and respect for each other
- “Silos” are not allowed: Collaborate!
- “Speak up”: Your opinion matters!
- Empowered to make decisions: Make a difference!
- Accountable for what we do: Don’t blame others
- Pay for performance